Attention Patients and Referring Dentists: As of Monday, May 11, 2020, all four of our office locations have reopened to serve the oral surgery needs of central Iowa. We are strictly adhering to the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and infection control policies set forth by the Governor’s office to help keep our patients, staff, and doctors safe. Please be advised: to enhance patient and staff safety, all patients are encouraged to register on-line prior to their appointment. Please do not attempt to seek treatment at our facility if you have come in contact with Covid-19 or have symptoms suggesting possible illness.
Please be advised:
Oral Surgeons, PC is one of the safest places that you will visit. Sterile environment and infection control are the cornerstones of our profession. We proudly observe the strictest sterilization protocol and adhere to precise guidelines.
Here are some examples of infection control practices that have been in place for the past 50 years in our practice:
- All exam and treatment room surfaces are cleared and decontaminated after each patient.
- Functional exam and treatment room surfaces (light switches, light handles, drawer pulls, etc.) are covered with protective infection barriers and replaced after every patient.
- Exam and treatment room floors are mopped with a bleach-based solution
- All disposable items are sorted and bagged prior to being placed in their designated receptacles
- Staff members wear the latest state and federally approved protective gear.
- Disposable gear is not worn outside the practice.
- All instruments are heat sterilized and individually packaged.
- Front desk items are systematically sterilized throughout each patient day (pens, clipboards, countertops, computers, etc.).
- Reception area furniture and surfaces are wiped with disinfectant throughout each day.
- All door handles are disinfected throughout each day.
- The HVAC air filtering system is monitored and maintained according to a strict schedule.
- Each patient who enters our facility has been verbally screened via phone conversation and then examined by a triage nurse prior to treatment.
- Our goal is to meet the emergent oral surgical needs of Central Iowa in a safe and controlled environment and do our best to keep patients with dental complaints out of hospital emergency rooms.
Welcome to Oral Surgeons, P.C
Oral Surgery in Central Iowa including West Des Moines, Ankeny and Clive IA
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Jeffery Schwarzkopf, DDS, John Frank, DDS, Scott Johnson, DDS, MD, John Janulewicz, DDS, MD, Ryan Marsh, DDS, Luke Freml, DDS, Michael Morio, DDS and Brock Radich, DDS practice a full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from corrective jaw surgery to wisdom tooth removal. We perform a full range of dental implant and bone grafting procedures, and we utilize the most advanced technology available to properly diagnose and treatment plan each individual patient.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please see the locations below for the office nearest you.
Dental Implants Presentation
To provide you with a better understanding of dental implants, we have provided the following multimedia presentation. Many common questions pertaining to dental implants are discussed.